What is the Shazam app?
Shazam is an American application owned by Apple Inc. The application can identify music, movies, advertising, and television shows, based on a short sample played and using the microphone on the device. The software is available for Android, macOS, iOS, Wear OS, and watchOS.
Chris Barton, Philip Inghelbrecht, Avery Wang, and Dhiraj Mukherjee founded Shazam Entertainment Limited in 1999. Apple acquired the company for $400 million in September 2018.
Shazam works by analyzing the captured sound and seeking a match based on an acoustic fingerprint in a database of millions of songs. If it finds a match, it sends information such as the artist, song title, and album back to the user.
- Find the name of any song in seconds.
- Listen and add to Apple Music or Spotify playlists.
- Follow along with time-synced lyrics.
- Watch music videos from Apple Music or YouTube.
- New Dark theme on Shazam.
Features Of Shazam App
- Find artists, lyrics, & videos for free.
- Play or connect to stream music now.
- Find out what is popular in your country or city with Shazam charts.
- Open any song directly in Spotify, Apple Music, or Google Play Music.
- Share songs with friends through Snapchat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Why choose the Shazam App?
Shazam identifies songs based on an audio fingerprint based on a time-frequency graph called a spectrogram. It uses a smartphone or computer’s built-in microphone to gather a brief sample of audio being played. Shazam stores a catalog of audio fingerprints in a database.
The user tags a song for 10 seconds and the application creates an audio fingerprint. Shazam works by analyzing the captured sound and seeking a match based on an acoustic fingerprint in a database of millions of songs.
If it finds a match, it sends information such as the artist, song title, and album back to the user. Some implementations of Shazam incorporate relevant links to services such as iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, or Groove Music
Top Reviews Of Shazam App
Frequently Asked Questions About Shazam App
- How many times can you Shazam a song?
Using Android devices, you can Shazam the same song as many times as you want, if you always ‘CLEAR DATA’ after ‘EVERY’ Shazam. If you do not CLEAR DATA, your Shazams on the same song will only be counted once per 24 hours
- What data does Shazam use?
The Shazam algorithm distills samples of a song into fingerprints and matches these fingerprints against fingerprints from known songs.
- How does Shazam work so fast?
Instead, Shazam has an audio fingerprint for each audio file in the database. The recording that a Shazam user submits is also made into an audio fingerprint which allows them to make comparisons accurately and quickly.
Download the Shazam App
Like our Shazam app review? Check out more Mobile App Reviews or Submit your own Mobile App Reviews.