bKash App has exciting features to make your life simpler and easier. More than 70% of the population of Bangladesh lives in rural areas. Here, access to formal financial services is difficult. But, these people are in most need of such services, either for receiving funds from loved ones or to access financial tools to improve their economic condition. With less than 15% of Bangladeshis connected to the formal banking system whereas over 68% have mobile phones. These phones are not merely devices for talking but can be used for more useful and sophisticated processing tasks.
bKash was conceived primarily to utilize these mobile devices and the omnipresent telecom networks to extend financial services in a secure manner to the under-served remote population of Bangladesh. bKash can be accessed via all the mobile networks operating in Bangladesh. Currently, bKash is running a network of more than 200,000 agents throughout urban and rural areas of Bangladesh with over 50 million verified accounts.
Pros of bKash App:
- Fast Account Registration
- Super Fast QR Transactions
- One-tap Balance Check
Cons of bKash app:
- Often server is down and the transaction is delayed.
- The app lacks biometrics support
- No option to disable Location in settings.
What is bKash App?
bKash app is the fastest and safest medium of financial transaction. It makes your life simple with Send Money, Add Money, Pay Bill, Mobile Recharge, Payment, and many more services.
It is a Bank-led Mobile Financial Service Provider in Bangladesh operating under the license and approval of the Central Bank (Bangladesh Bank) as a subsidiary of BRAC Bank Limited. It provides safe, convenient, and easy ways to make payments and money transfer services via mobile phones to both the unbanked and the banked people of Bangladesh.
It is one of the leading Mobile Financial Services providers in the world. The platform started as a joint venture between BRAC Bank Limited, Bangladesh, and Money in Motion LLC, the USA in 2010. In April 2013, International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, became an equity partner, and in March 2014,
Its goal is to ensure access to a broader range of financial services for the people of Bangladesh. It has a special focus to serve the low-income masses of the country to achieve broader financial inclusion.
Features of the app:
- FAST ACCOUNT REGISTRATION: Create a new account in a few minutes right from the App, using your National ID.
- ADD MONEY FROM BANK ACCOUNT & CARD: Transfer funds instantly from your bank account or card, to any bKash account, using the Add Money service.
- SUPER FAST QR TRANSACTIONS: make payment at Agent points for Cash Out or with other bKash users for Send Money.
- OFFERS NEAR YOU: Get the best bKash offers at your nearest payment points.
- SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: Find suggestions from bKash on what other services, Merchants, billers, and other partners you can try out.
- INBOX – TRANSACTIONS & PROMOTIONS: Get access notifications on your latest bKash transactions and promotional offers.
- MOBILE RECHARGE: View and purchase recharge-based Internet, Voice, and Bundle offer of different mobile operators in Mobile Recharge.
- PAY YOUR BILLS: Users can make payments for monthly utility bills such as electricity, gas, internet, and other services.
- GET DIFFERENT LIFESTYLE SERVICES: Food delivery, online shopping, bus, train, launch and air tickets, movie tickets, hotel booking for traveling, and many more are covered.
- HIGHLY SECURE MOBILE BANKING: The app sends you an OTP to verify your bKash account during the first log-in. It also asks for your PIN during both log-in, and transactions.
- EASE OF ACCESS: The app can be used in either Bangla or English.
- STATEMENT: You can exert greater control over your mobile wallet by accessing your detailed transaction history.
- CHECK LIMIT: Know how much more you can transact. It shows a real-time view of the transaction limits.
- ONE-TAP BALANCE CHECK: Checking balance is just a tap away. The app also protects your data by hiding the balance after a few seconds.
- GREATER TRANSPARENCY & CONTROL: Users get greater visibility over their bKash transactions.
Features that unveil when you sign up:
- Register to start making online payments.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which OS supports the app?
Both Android and iOS platforms support the app.
- Is the app free to use?
Yes, the app is free to use. It also has some in-app purchases.
- Is the payment secured for in-app purchases?
Yes, the in-app purchase payment method is secured.
- Which permissions are required to use the app?
It requires the following permissions:
- Why should you use the app?
It is ranked as the 23rd company in the annual list of Fortune Magazine’s ‘Change the World in 2017’ among the top 50 companies to make changes based on social issues. It has been recognized as the Best Brand of Bangladesh for the second consecutive time (2019 and 2020) in a consumer survey conducted by the Bangladesh Brand Forum.
Download the app here:
Like our bKash App Review? Check out more Mobile App Reviews or Submit your own Mobile App Reviews.