Kutumb app was founded in 2020 by Abhishek Kejriwal, Vipul Allawadhi, and Naveen Dewangan. It is a social networking app that lets users connect with their community. It enables the discovery of relevant communities and provides curated discovery of relevant content. Users can take part in discussions about issues in their community. They can also make connections with other community members. The app provides security and moderation within community forums.
The primary target market of the app is non-English speakers, generally local Indians. It is a segment expected to be the growth driver for many businesses. It has received some early-stage funding rounds that revealed heightened interest among venture capitalist firms and private equity players in the Indian startup ecosystem.
Kutumb is a private social network for communities, something like Reddit for Bharat. India has a vast number of communities based on culture, creed, beliefs, interests, professions, etc, and people generally thrive on their communities. According to an estimate, there are more than 20000 social groups in India, 1000s of spiritual, religious, or other non-government organizations, and 100s of unique professions. The app is creating a social network for millions of members inside each of these communities.
Pros of Kutumb App:
- It created a social network for millions of communities.
- The app serves millions of non-English speakers in India.
- The community groups can help boost growth for many businesses.
Cons of Kutumb app:
- You cannot add more than 3 groups in the app
- It doesn’t show whether a user is online/offline
- There is no option to delete your group yet.
- The app has some bugs and needs more refinement.
What is Kutumb app?
Kutumb is a made-in-India app for Indians to share their views in their own language and connect with their community. It is proud to be Made in India and is vocal for local initiatives. You’ll love using the Kutumb app to connect with your community.
The app lets you can connect with people around you and make connections. You can meet new people and make friends from within your community. Be it any community you can always find your place on Kutumb and connect with people of your community. You can make friends and meet new people and connect with like-minded people.
The app shows you news about the community, updates of members in the community, and discusses the issues in the community. Users can connect with people of their community and create an identity within this community.
It permits the discovery of related communities with the curated discovery of related content material, discussions about points locally. It enables connections with different neighborhood members and safety and moderation inside neighborhood boards. It permits customers to create apps to attach with folks of their neighborhood, share information and updates on the members. The app also functions as a dialogue platform.
The app’s early-stage funding rounds have heightened curiosity amongst enterprise capitalist corporations and personal fairness gamers within the Indian startup ecosystem. The funding momentum into the Indian startups has probably not slowed down within the present 12 months regardless of the pandemic. The app is backed by world-class VCs and angel investors like Sequoia Capital (Surge Ventures), Better Capital, and Whiteboard Capital.
Features of the app:
- Get official membership for your organization: Membership is automatically provided to a person who joins your community and you will receive a Member’s List right at your fingertips.
- You can also take donations for the betterment of your community and society. Donations collected through Kutumb App are 100% secure and a tally of donations is available in the app.
- Members joining your community automatically receive an ID card with the name of your community and it can be used for various organizational work.
- You can create your own committee within the app by giving out titles and positions to members of your community. This helps you in building a better organization and reduces your work.
- All the members of your community have an option to create posts on the app itself. They can share valuable information using this feature and you have can also remove any post you deem inappropriate for your community
- App also features “Social discussions” where you can start a discussion on any topic you want. Discussions will tell you what your community feels about that particular topic. You can create various such discussions at the same time.
Features that unveil when you sign up:
- Automatically receive an ID card with the name of your community
- Take donations for the betterment of your community and society
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which OS supports the app?
Both Android and iOS platforms support the app.
- Is the app free to use?
Yes, the app is free to use. It also has some in-app purchases.
- Is the payment secured for in-app purchases?
Yes, the in-app purchase payment method is secured.
- Which permissions are required to use the app?
It requires the following permissions:
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage Device
ID & call information – read phone status and identity
Phone – read phone status and identity
Camera – take pictures and videos
Photos / Media / Files
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
Microphone – record audio
- connection information
- view Wi-Fi connections
- read your contacts
- modify your contacts
- receive data from the Internet
- control vibration
- change your audio settings
- full network access
- View network connections
- run at startup
- pair with Bluetooth devices
- access Bluetooth settings
- prevent the device from sleeping
- Why should you use the app?
It permits discovery of related communities, curated discovery of related content material, discussions about points locally. It promotes connections with different neighborhood members and safety and moderation inside neighborhood boards. The app permits customers to create apps to attach with neighbors, share information, updates on the members, and likewise function as a dialogue platform
Download the app here: