What is the Preply app?
Preply is an online educational platform that pairs students with private tutors remotely via online chat. It features a ranking algorithm that uses machine learning for the classification and recommendation of tutors. The company was launched in 2012 by Serge Lukianov, Dmytro Voloshyn, and Kirill Bigai (current CEO).
Back then, Preply was chosen as one of the most promising startup companies in Ukraine following an initial angel investment round of $180,000 from Semyon Dukach, Borya Shakhnovich, Vadim Yasinovsky, Dan Pasko, Torben Majgaard, and Vostok Ventures. The website, preply.com, was launched in November 2012. It was initially launched as a marketplace for online SAT and ACT tutoring. Later, it reached 10,000 hours of studying monthly.
- Learn any language, anywhere using a language app.
- Speak with expert native tutors.
- Choose the perfect tutor.
- Learn anytime.
- Comfortable and convenient online lessons.
- Prepare to speak confidently.
Features of App.
- Find friendly online tutors for 1-on-1 lessons.
- Filter by language, cost, and availability to find a tutor who meets your needs.
- View video introductions,
- Read student reviews and message tutors before you book your first lesson.
- Tutors are available 24 hours a day.
- Take lessons anywhere, on any device.
- Connect with your tutor by video and audio call from your mobile or desktop.
- Preply app to message students and manage your schedule on the go.
Why Choose Preply App?
The Preply app is very user-friendly and easy to use. Features like the messaging app, placement testing, video gallery, easy transfer of hours, and more make it appealing. Users used a few other platforms but Preply is the best app to run across. Preply is the best platform for private online lessons with a flexible payment system and affordable prices.
“Preply has focused on structuring its marketplace — including by adding a ranking algorithm that uses machine learning for recommendations and classification of tutors, based on their profiles.”
Filter by language, cost, and availability to find a tutor who meets your needs. View video introductions, read student reviews, and message tutors before you book your first lesson.
App Reviews on the App Store
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the app completely free?
No, the app is not completely free on the App Store.
- Is the app secure?
Yes, the app is secure as it doesn’t store any personal information and it asks for very few permissions.
- What permissions does the application require?
The app needs basic permissions like Storage, Location, and Photos/Media/Files.
- Which android version does it require?
The application is compatible with android version 5.0 and above.
- Does the app have a dark mode?
The app does have a dark mode.
Download the App