What is Ted App?
TED app (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is an American media organization that posts talks online for free distribution under the slogan ideas worth spreading. Richard Saul Wurman conceived the app. He co-founded it with Harry Marks in February 1984 as a conference.
Its early emphasis was on technology and design, consistent with its Silicon Valley origins. It has since broadened its perspective to include talks on many scientific, cultural, political, humanitarian, and academic topics. It is curated by Chris Anderson, a British-American businessman, through the non-profit Foundation since July 1, 2019 (originally by the non-profit Sapling Foundation).
- Up-to-the-minute videos
- Browse + search
- Easy sharing.
- Offline viewing
- Curated audio stream.
Features of App
- Bookmark talks for later.
- Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists.
- Let us build you a custom playlist, tailored to fit your ideal timeframe.
- Play on your device or send to your home entertainment system via Chromecast or with Android TV.
- Check out our latest business talks brought to you in partnership with the Brightline Initiative.
Why Choose Ted App?
The new app for Android is built to adapt to all kinds of Android devices. This includes the new Sony Tablet P “dual screen” and the Amazon Kindle Fire, making it feel natural and familiar to users across different devices. You can find the app in the Google Play store and the Amazon Appstore for Android. The functionality of the app is fine-tuned for the mobile audience, and allows for offline browsing and viewing, as well as audio-only engagement: App users who are out for a jog, commuting to work, or simply multitasking can listen to TEDTalks, either on an individual basis or through its curated audio stream.
App Reviews on the App Store
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the app completely free?
No, the app is not completely free on the App Store.
- Is the app secure?
Yes, the app is secure as it doesn’t store any personal information and it asks for very few permissions.
- What permissions does the application require?
The app needs basic permissions like Storage, Location, and Photos/Media/Files.
- Which android version does it require?
The application is compatible with android version 5.0 and above.
- Does the app have a dark mode?
The app does have a dark mode.
Download the App