What is UMANG App?
UMANG app (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) will make e-governance ‘mobile-first’. It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) developed the UMANG app. The app is updated very frequently. This app is breaking records with millions of downloads by the users. The app does not hinder any other applications running on your phone. It uses a secure, enterprise-grade environment.
- All government departments and their services on a single platform.
- Seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov.
- Discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access.
Features of the UMANG App
- This app provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, etc. All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department. Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail of government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Citizens can anytime and anywhere without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
Why UMANG App?
UMANG app offers Indian citizens access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government in one app. You can avail of the services without visiting these places through the app. It provides a simple clean interface and visuals and makes it easier for the users to work with.
UMANG App Reviews on the App Store
Frequently Asked Questions About UMANG App
- Is the app completely free?
No, the app is not completely free on the App Store.
- Is the app secure?
Yes, the app is secure as it doesn’t store any personal information and it asks for very few permissions.
- What permissions does the application require?
The app needs basic permissions like Storage, Location, and Photos/Media/Files.
- Which android version does it require?
The application is compatible with android version 5.0 and above.
- Does the app have a dark mode?
The app does have a dark mode.
Download the UMANG App
Like our UMANG app review? Check out more Mobile App Reviews or Submit your own Mobile App Reviews.