- With the release of Android 12, the search giant Google has announced that the WhatsApp conversation history migration tool, which lets users move their communications from iPhones to Android devices, is now available on “all Pixel phones” and will soon be available on “new smartphones that launch with Android 12.”
- With both your iPhone and Android phones updated and a USB-C to Lightning adapter on hand, the process should be straightforward for you.
- According to Google, you’ll be prompted to scan a QR code with your iPhone while configuring your Android phone to initiate the transfer operation.
- According to Google, OEMs can add support for the feature through Android 12 updates so that current phone owners may benefit from it in the future.
Google has announced that WhatsApp’s conversation history migration tool, which allows users to transfer their communications from iPhones to Android devices, is now available on “all Pixel phones” and will soon be available on “new smartphones that launch with Android 12,” according to the search giant. Even though the capability is already available on Samsung phones, it makes the process of switching from iOS to Android much simpler because it does not need you to give up your messaging history.
The method should be uncomplicated if you have WhatsApp updated on both your iPhone and Android phone and have a USB-C to Lightning connector on hand. According to Google, you will be prompted to scan a QR code with your iPhone while configuring your Android phone to initiate the transfer operation.
You can find out more about the transfer procedure by reading it below (which is written for Samsung, but the steps should be similar) and the few warnings that come with it. Because you will not be receiving any WhatsApp messages while your data is being moved, you should not experience any data loss throughout the transfer process.
According to Google, OEMs can add support for the functionality through Android 12 updates, which means that existing phone owners may be able to take advantage of it in the future as well. According to Google, the company is working with phone manufacturers to ensure that Android 12 phones come pre-loaded to communicate files as standard.
Instructions on how to transfer WhatsApp chat conversations from an old iPhone to a new Samsung device
- When prompted, power on your Samsung and connect it to your iPhone using the provided cable.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using the Samsung Smart Switch.
- When prompted, use the iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code displayed on the new Samsung smartphone with the iPhone’s built-in camera.
- Press the Start button on your iPhone and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue configuring your new Samsung device as needed.
- After reaching the home screen of your new device, launch WhatsApp and sign in using the same phone number as on your previous device.
- After being prompted, select Import and then wait for the process to be completed.
- Activate your new device by following the on-screen instructions. You should now be able to view and participate in your WhatsApp discussions.
Unless you delete WhatsApp or completely erase the device after the migration is complete, your prior iPhone will retain your data after the migration. Following the migration, the transferred data is no longer stored in the cloud, and WhatsApp states that it will not access the information you transfer.