What is XUMO app?
Xumo is a video streaming service that is entirely free. Xumo organizes its content into approximately 180 channels, but as previously stated, the vast majority of these channels are not comparable to those available with a cable subscription. Each channel includes a currently streaming component (this is not always a live broadcast) and at least some other on-demand content, such as clip shows, short features, movies, or shows. Streaming content categories include Comedy, Entertainment, Food, Drink, and Travel, Music, News, Sports, and TV & Movies. Pluto TV, another free live TV streaming service, has roughly the same number of channels, but more of them feature content from well-known sources.
To begin with, Xumo provides live streams of ABC News Live, Bloomberg, CBSN, Cheddar Live, NBC News Now, and The Today Show, to name a few. These news channels are Xumo’s closest match to traditional cable channels.
- Search through thousands of films.
- Cast to your television.
- Get access to live and on-demand streams.
Features of XUMO App
- On XUMO, you can watch whatever you want, with a wide range of programming that will entertain, educate, and enthrall viewers of all ages.
- Check out Xumo’s impressive collection of on-demand free movies.
- Pause, rewind, or simply switch to another video while watching what you want.
- With easy access to the on-demand library, you can get more from the same network.
- Have recommendations tailored to your preferences – whether you want a good laugh, a scoop of celebrity gossip, or a rush of adrenaline?
- You can filter the channels list on Xumo by genre, such as Comedy; Entertainment; Food, Drink, & Travel; Music; News; Sports; and TV & Movies.
- You can sort the available channels alphabetically or by popularity.
- Simply click on the channel row when you see something you want to watch. You also get a brief description of the currently playing programming at the top of the page.
Why choose XUMO app?
You can watch live and on-demand game highlights, commentary, and coverage on 25+ free sports channels. You can watch free TV and movies on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV. XUMO provides more than 160 channels, thousands of Hollywood movies, 24-hour network news, popular TV shows, sports coverage, and various kid and family-friendly programming. You’ll have the time of your life with Xumo.
XUMO App Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a live stream on XUMO?
Yes. Some channels offer free linear live streams, such as ABC News Live, beIN SPORTS XTRA, CONtv, Dove, HSN, NBC News NOW, QVC, and others. Others, such as PeopleTV, focus on specific live events, such as the Oscars Red Carpet.
- How can I install XUMO on my smart TV?
If you have a VIZIO, Panasonic, Philips, Magnavox, Sanyo, Samsung, Hisense, or Sharp smart TV, you can search for XUMO and install it from the app store. If you have an LG smart TV, you can search for Channel Plus or LG Channels in the LG Content Store.
- What is the difference between Channel Plus and LG Channels?
XUMO powers Channel Plus and LG Channels. We bring the best streams from today’s digital publishers to your living room for free via Channel Plus or LG Channels, which are built into your LG smart TV. Channel Plus is a free application available on LG smart TVs from 2012 to 2015. Because of the operating system on these TVs, the channel lineup is more limited.
In the United States, the entire channel lineup is available on LG smart TVs manufactured after 2016. LG Channels are available in France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom, Italy, Brazil, and Mexico; however, the channel list is limited as we expand with localized channels. Keep checking back for updates.
- What is the price of Channel Plus or LG Channels?
Channel Plus and LG Channels are entirely free.
- How do I add, delete, or limit a channel?
The webOS channel manager allows you to customize the controls for each channel.
- How do I save channels as favorites?
To add a channel to your favorites list, click the Start Button on the main page.
- What should I do if the XUMO button on my remote is broken?
Please try unplugging and replugging your television. This should restart your television. If you continue to have issues with your remote not working correctly, please contact VIZIO customer service.
- Are there any videos available in languages other than English?
Yes. Currently, XUMO has a few channels that are primarily in Spanish. For our Canadian customers, we also provide CBC News Francais in French. This is the best place to learn about some of our multicultural channels.
- How do I configure parental controls on XUMO?
This feature is currently unavailable. However, the XUMO product and engineering teams are hard at work to incorporate new features, so check back frequently for updates.
XUMO App Download