What is You Need A Budget (YNAB) app?
An American personal budgeting program based on the envelope approach, You Need a Budget (YNAB) (pronounced Why-nab), is available on multiple platforms. Lifehacker readers chose it as the best useful personal finance app of 2013. Wirecutter has ranked it as an “excellent selection for hard-core budgeters” for 2021.
With YNAB, you’ll have complete control over your finances. Stop living paycheck to paycheck, pay off your debt, and start saving money. Being able to see up-to-date financial information at all times and on any device makes it a breeze to collaborate on finances with a spouse or business partner (and not accidentally overspend at Target).
- Access to real-time information from any device, at any time, makes sharing finances with a spouse a breeze.
- Take complete command of your money.
- Transactions can be imported into the app.
Features of You Need A Budget (YNAB) app
- Bank Syncing—Easily link all your activities in one location for a complete picture.
- Real-Time Updates—View budget changes across devices in real-time, making it simple to communicate finances with a partner.
- Debt Paydown Tool—Create an easy-to-visualize plan to assist you in permanently eliminating debt.
- Spending and Savings Goals—Monitor your progress toward your financial priorities and achieve them more rapidly.
- Detailed Reporting—With easily customized reports, you can visualize your expenditure trends.
- Confidence in the Privacy of Your Financial Information—Be sure that your financial information will never be sold or shared. You own your data.
- Personalized Support—Contact our award-winning support team at any time via email or live chat with your budgeting questions.
About You Need A Budget (YNAB) app subscription
- Subscriptions to YNAB can be set up to renew monthly or annually after the initial term ends.
- When the purchase is confirmed, a charge will be made to the customer’s iTunes account.
- If you don’t turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period, your subscription will automatically renew.
- A renewal fee will be applied to the account within 24 hours of the current period’s expiration.
- After purchasing a subscription, users can access their Account Settings to see and change their subscription details, including whether or not auto-renewal should be enabled.
- The user will lose any unused free trial time when they purchase a membership to that newspaper if one is given.
You Need A Budget (YNAB) App Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you add, remove, and modify categories?
This document explains how to personalize your categories to reflect your top objectives. There are many ways in which you will learn how to manage your types.
Some spending categories are evident from the start, but you’ll learn about others as you get more budgeting experience. It’s essential to have a list of classes that are specific enough to direct your spending, but not so exact that your budget becomes overly complicated.” What you do with your budget is what makes it your own.
- Do you know how to add notes?
With a budget and goals in place, you’ll stay on track. But once in a while, you’ll need to write yourself a reminder. This month may be unique, or you may have something to say about a specific topic. That’s no problem at all!
Notes on the category
Decide on a category.
Just below the Notes bar at the bottom of the Inspector, you can click anywhere. Shift+Enter can be used to split a line.
Hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Each month, your message will be displayed in the appropriate month-specific category.
Just a few words describing this month’s happenings are all that’s needed at times.
Below the month’s name, you’ll see an Enter a Note button.
That reminder should be for you, not anyone else!
Enter. Just mouse over that note, and all of its inspirational deliciousness will pop up for you!
- What’s the price?
Check your Credit Card Payments category to discover how much money you have available before paying your credit card bill. Credit Card Payment category available amount is listed again in your credit card account registration.
Once inside the credit card account register, type in a payment amount and press “enter.” You can see how much money you have available for the payment at the upper right of the page.
From the drop-down menu in the Payee field, select either a payment or a transfer. To make a payment, choose the account from which you’re withdrawing funds. YNAB will remember your choice when you record an amount the following time around.
YNAB will automatically populate the Inflow column with the amount of money from the Credit Card Payment category. If you don’t intend to pay the whole amount in your budget, you can change the amount and then save! As long as you’re using a credit card, no additional categories are required.