After the recent issue with Zoom and its security and privacy concerns, Zoom plans on updating the app and releasing the 5.0 Version. After the Indian Supreme Court was presented with a lawsuit against Zoom, the app has decided to fix all the pertaining concerns.
Zoom has now announced a new version – 5.0 with enhanced features. The new updated version of the app includes features like:
- Newer 5.0+ will be the only version of Zoom that will be fully functioning with all the newly added features.
- The app will provide encryption between the Zoom Rooms and the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- Only very limited versions of OS will be able to support the new Zoom 5.0+. The OS supporting the latest version of Zoom are:
- Zoom will be changing its minimum password strength to 6 characters for all its sessions.
- The app’s newer version makes it easier to report users and any issues.
- Zoom will have a refined action of allowing users to end sessions and leave meetings with much more ease.
- Users can have more control over their profile pictures. They can choose whether they want to display their picture or even change it in the middle of a Zoom session.
- Session Hosts will not have to seek permission from individuals before unmuting their mic in between calls.
- Hosts can easily transfer calls to other hosts when they leave a meeting.
- Zoom 5.0+ will allow users to gain access to basic security functions in between meetings in order to control the features of the session.
These updates aim at resolving all issues surrounding the previous versions of the app. Users will now enjoy not only more secure sessions, but will also be able to enjoy updated features within the app.