What is Blink Home Monitor App?
Blink’s low-cost intelligent home security cameras and systems allow you to monitor your house from your smartphone. You can control many Blink cameras from one app thanks to multi-system functionality and quick setup. The Blink Home Monitor app will notify you of what is essential at any time of day or night, no matter where you are. You’ll be home in a blink.
Blink and Amazon’s new wireless smart home security cameras go where wires cannot. Outdoor and inside, it can run for up to two years on the included single pair of AA lithium batteries to help protect what matters most for the least amount of money. Use the Blink Home Monitor app to keep tabs on what’s going on at home from anywhere and at any time.
The software transmits HD video from your house to your phone, allowing you to observe and safeguard what is most important to you. Blink’s multi-system compatibility will enable you to monitor your house, vacation home, or business all at once.
- A single free app can control all of your Blink devices.
- Receive personalized motion detection notifications.
- Stay connected to your home no matter where you are.
Features of Blink Home Monitor App
- The new wireless smart home security cameras from Blink and Amazon go where wires cannot, giving you peace of mind no matter where you are.
- You can see, hear, and speak via the Blink Home Monitor app.
- Two-way audio, motion detection, and other features are included in the waterproof security camera. Outdoor is only compatible with a subset of Alexa-enabled devices.
- You can hear, see, and speak directly from your phone with the Blink Home Monitor app, and you’ll receive alerts whenever motion is detected.
- Connect your Blink Outdoor, Indoor, or Mini to Alexa-enabled devices in your home to enable voice commands.
- You may use your voice to stream live video, play recorded footage, arm and disarm your camera, be notified of movement, and perform a range of other tasks.
Blink Home Monitor App Products
- Blink Indoor is a wireless security camera that runs on batteries and can be installed anywhere in your home. Two-way audio and night vision keep you connected to what’s going on at home no matter where you are or what time it is. Indoor is only compatible with a subset of Alexa-enabled devices.
- Blink Mini is small but firm so that you can plug it in almost any place in your home. Mini, which starts at $34.99, is a fantastic place to start when it comes to making your home more secure.
- Blink Outdoor can operate for up to two years on a single pair of AA batteries, allowing you to safeguard your house both inside and out with features like two-way audio, motion detection, and more. Outdoor collaborates with Alexa.
Blink Home Monitor App Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the Blink subscription plan include?
Blink Subscription Plans include unlimited cloud video recording, unlimited cloud storage for 60 days, live view recording, and photo capture (available on new Blink Indoor/Outdoor cameras).
- Is there a Blink Subscription Plan that I may purchase?
Customers with Blink devices in the United States can purchase a Blink Subscription Plan. When you activate your new qualified Blink device, a 30-day free trial of the Blink Subscription Plus Plan begins. You must have an Amazon.com account to purchase and start Blink Subscription Plans.
- How can I enroll in a Blink Subscription Plan?
To sign up for a Blink Subscription Plan, follow the steps below:
Launch the Blink app and connect your Amazon.com account on the Account screen.
Choose the subscription plan that interests you from the Blink Subscription Plan landing page.
While in the Amazon purchasing flow, you will be asked to attach the plan to your device (Basic Plan) or your Blink Account (Plus Plan).
A Blink Subscription Plan now covers your Blink gadget.
- What is a verified email, and why do we require one?
When the recipient makes a good action, Blink considers the account email address validated. In this case, we will send you an email containing a link. By clicking on that link, we discover that the email address is functional and may use it to get security alerts. Blink requires confirmed email addresses for all Blink accounts to strengthen product security and ensure you receive Blink information.
- What is the distinction between Blink Indoor (gen 2) and Blink Outdoor? What exactly are they responsible for?
The Blink Indoor (gen 2) and Outdoor cameras are the next generations of cameras. Many of our XT2’s capabilities, such as wire-free operation, a two-year battery life, infrared night vision, 1080p HD video, better motion detection, and two-way audio, will be accessible to customers.
Both cameras are compatible with Blink’s enhanced Local Storage features, which enable you to backup footage to a USB storage device (sold separately).
- How do you charge your camera with a USB cable?
Instead of batteries, the USB port on the back of all Blink cameras can power them with a Micro USB cable and converter. To ensure optimal safety, only use 5V/1A USB power adapters. A cable and power adapter are included because Mini cameras do not use batteries and are solely powered via USB. For cameras that are frequently used or have a high number of motion clips, using USB connections offers the advantage of not exhausting batteries.
The following instructions will walk you through the process of connecting a Micro USB cable to a Blink camera.
To begin, ensure that the cable is long enough to reach your camera without strain.
- Remove the silicone USB port shield from the back casing of your camera.
- Before inserting the micro USB end of the plug into the camera, make sure the adapter plug and camera case opening are free of debris, dirt, oil, or liquid of any kind. Although there may be some resistance as the silicone conforms to the camera case, the plug should fit without difficulty. If you have to press the pin into place, probably, it is not well installed. Please double-check that the plug is inserted correctly with the right side facing up.
- Before attaching the camera to the mount, check the fit of your mounting site once the connector is securely in place. If the fit is excessively tight, the USB plug may be pulled off the camera by accident.
- While the cable is still connected to the camera, plug the power adapter into an electrical socket at the other end of the line.
- Take a thumbnail snapshot or start a Live View session to ensure you have the camera view you need.
- In general, USB plugs work with Blink accessories. The Camera Stand, for example, has an opening sculpted into it, as seen.
Blink Home Monitor App Download