What is Box App?
Saving your files into cloud servers is a very wise thing to do. People are now increasingly depending on cloud server services for storing anything from their personal files to work projects. Cloud service ensures you that all your files are secured at a place that only you and the people you share them with have access to those files.
The best thing about cloud servers is that they do not use your devices’ storage and thus allows you to declutter your device while keeping all your files and other stuff secured in another place.
Box app is a robust cloud or internet service app that allows you to store your files into its FTP servers and integrate them through other apps or just save them for personal use. Once you upload anything into its servers, if you even want to share them with anyone, you don’t actually have to send those files as attachments. All you need to do is to share the file’s link with the recipient and they will be able to view your files in no time.
With Box, you can even customize which people have which type of access to your files. Add people only as a viewer or commentator, or go ahead of all the privileges and give editorial access to anyone and collaborate with anybody or your team easily.
- Have all your files saved and synced in one place.
- Access your files from any device.
- Easily share any of your files and items with just a permalink.
- Leave feedback or comments on a file.
- Collaborate with your team or family to share everything between them.
Features of Box App
+ Free 10GB cloud storage to store all your files.
+ Upload any media file, no matter what extension.
+ View files of more than hundreds of extensions and file types.
+ High-quality viewing, no quality reduction.
+ Easily view PowerPoint presentations (PPTs) directly inside the app.
+ Access your files and items even when you are offline.
+ Upload big files and just share its permalink to share it with anyone.
+ Quickly take down notes by using the Box Notes, and share your notes with anyone.
+ Add your comments and feedbacks to documents.
+ Easily search all your files.
+ Also search inside documents like PDF, Docx, and other files.
+ Fully encrypted and secured.
+ Integration with more than hundreds of apps to let you access your files and edit or view them in a high-level framing.
+ Generous file allotment, no restrictions on what you can store and what you can not.
Why Box App?
Box is a well-designed app for all your personal or professional needs. It lets you declutter your device and store everything in its cloud servers to let you organize your files and store them easily in such a way that your every file is just a few taps away. It is integrated with a large variety of external apps and services to help you easily collaborate and manage your stuff with your team, family, or friends. It is very easy to use and its seamless document viewing and sharing also makes it suitable for educational purposes. Nevertheless, the Box app is suitable for everybody, and the free 10GB of cloud storage that it provides suits anyone’s needs.
Box app is versatile across devices, so you can easily finish off any work that you save on one device and pick it up on another. Adding and uploading files in it is just like a catwalk, choose your files and you are good to go. Box is without a doubt a very productive and useful app.
Box App Review
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I collaborate or share files with other people?
To send a shared link to an item in Box:
- Locate the file or folder you’d like to share
- Tap the ellipsis (…) to the right of the item name to open the More Options menu.
- Tap Share, then tap the Share link enabled slider to generate a shared link.
You can copy the link to the clipboard and paste it later, or send the link directly using the messaging/email app of your choice.
- How can I manage permissions?
You can set access limits, restrict actions, and set an expiration date for your shared link before sending it out. Tap Edit Link Access to modify shared link settings.
Link Access: Secure this link so only a select group of people can access your content or leave it open for public access
- People with the link: Anyone who has the link can view your content, whether they’re logged in or not. We recommend one of the other access levels for files or folders you’d like to keep secure.
- People in your Company: Allows anyone with a Box account at your company to see your content. Users will need to be logged in to see the file or folder linked and you will usually be able to see which specific users in your company have viewed your files.
- People in this folder: Access is limited only to users you’ve invited to your file or folder as Collaborators. You can invite or remove Collaborators to expand or limit the list of users who can view your files.
Downloads allowed: If this option is enabled, users accessing your file or folder from the link can also download your content. Turn this off if you’d like to create a view-only link.
Require Password: If this option is enabled, users accessing your file or folder via this shared link will be prompted to enter a password before they can view the item. You can set the password and modify it at any time.
Expire Link: The link will be deleted on the date you set in this field. Leave this option inactive if you don’t want the link to expire. If you set an expiration date, users will not be able to access your file or folder from the link after that date.
- How can I add or delete collaborators?
- Locate the file or folder in which you’d like to manage collaborators.
- Tap the ellipsis (…) to the right of the file or folder name to open the More Options menu.
- Alternatively, you can open a folder, tap the ellipsis in the top-right corner, and select Folder Actions.
- Tap Share, then tap Manage Collaborators.
- You will see a list of all collaborators who have access to the file or folder. Collaborators are displayed prioritized by access level.
- Tap a collaborator to modify their access level, or remove them from the file or folder.
- Which OS supports the Box App?
The Box App is multi-platform and supports Android, iOS, and Microsoft Windows devices.
- Is the Box app free?
Yes, the app is completely free to use. It provides 10GB of disk space for your personal use. However, you can extend this limit and enjoy some other features by upgrading to a higher plan.
Box App Download