What is Gaia GPS App?
Smart technologies and portable devices have simplified our lives. It is now possible to track our location to be safer and more convenient. Gia GPS is one such app for phone location tracker that is available to you. In today’s review, we’ll go over this smart location tracker app-
The Gaia GPS app allows you to navigate the trail, track and explore locations. It is the go-to navigation app for outdoor enthusiasts. It can be used to quickly navigate to GPS c coordinates. View nearby wildfires and share maps, tracking information, and waypoints with your team or loved ones. With a paid subscription, you can also gain access to various maps and map layers that can be downloaded for offline use.
- Download satellite maps ahead of time for offline use.
- Find the next hiking adventure location.
- You can use it to record activity as workouts and view fitness statistics on your Apple Watch.
Features of Gaia GPS App
- If you intend to go on a backpacking trip. To plan trips and measure distance, altitude, and elevation change, use routing tools.
- View your route using detailed backpacking maps that include an up-to-date weather forecast.
- You can also download topo and satellite maps to use offline.
- Gaia GPS uses hiking navigation to help you find your next adventure.
- It enables you to locate a campsite along the road or deep in the backcountry.
- Gai app provides public land data to help you stay legal, maps with campsites, parks, and forests, and weather overlays.
- It allows you to create custom camping maps and reference road maps by creating waypoints.
- Gais GPS can be used in your car via Apple CarPlay.
- Create custom backcountry skiing maps, plan tours, and scout avalanche terrain using slope-angle shading and 24-, 48-, and 72-hour Snowfall and Precipitation Forecast overlays.
- You can create hunting maps with public and designations, private and ownerships, and state-by-state hunting units that you can access from your bike’s handlebars for hands-free navigation.
- Gaia GPS on your Apple Watch can be used to record activities like workouts and to view fitness stats with Apple Health.
Why Gaia GPS App?
If you enjoy outdoor activities, this is the app for you. Maps of mountain biking trails on both public and private land are available. Guides can mark routes, campsites, and water sources, as well as share difficult-to-find approaches and descents with clients and other guides.
With Premium Membership, you can view and download a map catalog. You have access to all of these map sources, as well as many more.
- Trails Illustrated by NatGeo (including Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, and John Muir Trail maps)
- Imagery from ESRI’s World Satellite
- Weather forecasts from NOAA
- Private Land Ownership in the United States (including owner names and addresses for parcels)
- Layers of Hunting in the United States
- In the United States, there is public land (BLM, Forests, more)
- Historical Wildfires in the United States (MVUMs)
- Overlays such as hill shading, contour lines, slope angles, and others are available.
- Canada Backroads Mapbooks
- IGN France
- Swiss Topographical Map
Gaia GPS App Review
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to create an account on the Gaia GPS app?
When you visit the website, you will be prompted to Sign Up to create a free Gaia GPS account.
- This account is used for data synchronization between the app and the website.
- Making an account allows you to access your membership subscription from multiple devices.
To set up an account, follow these steps:
- Please enter your email address.
- Select a password.
- Then click the Sign-Up button.
- Which OS supports the Gaia GPS App?
It is only compatible with iOS and Android platforms.
- Is the Gaia GPS app free?
Yes, you can use the app for free. However, before 2021, Gaia GPS offered a standard membership; if you have a standard Membership and want to upgrade to a Premium Membership, follow these instructions based on how you purchased your Membership. If you already have a standard membership from the app store or Google Play and want to upgrade to a premium membership, follow these steps:
- On your device, Open the Gaia GPS app.
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Subscriptions > Purchase Subscription.
- Select the Premium Membership option on the following page.
- Tap Subscribe at the bottom.
You will be charged for a Premium Membership and refunded an amount for your standard Member membership. It may take up to 24 hours to receive credit for your initial membership purchase.
Gaia GPS App Download