What is IFTTT App? And how does it work?
If you want to make your home and life smarter and more automated, this is the place to be. IFTTT is a popular app that has been around for a few years, so you may have heard of it. If not, let’s get right into today’s review to learn more about it-
IFTTT is an acronym that stands for “If This, Then That.” Essentially, you create a condition, which is your “if this.” As an example, suppose your condition is “the sun rises.” The result is indicated by the phrase “Then that.” In this case, perhaps it’s “ring the alarm.”
So you combine the two, and it says, “when the sun rises, ring the alarm”.Each of these formulas is referred to as an Applet. You can select from thousands of pre-made applets or generate your own. Isn’t it simple? So that’s the idea.
In short, IFTTT acts as a third-party software that allows other software and devices to communicate with one another when they would not be able to do so generally.
- IFTTT integrates with the health app on the Apple Watch to track and maintain daily habits.
- It is best suited to web-based applications, social media, email, calendars, and other similar tools.
- Make a smart home that responds to all cues, from locking the front door to greeting the delivery person.
Features of IFTTT App
- Control your environment with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Get daily updates on what’s going on from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica.
- With custom daily forecast notifications, you’ll always be prepared for the weather.
- When you’re near a grocery store, text your friends or roommates.
- Receive an alert whenever a there is a new Craigslist listing that matches your search is added.
- Stay informed with intelligent and automated home security alerts.
- Streamline your social media presence.
- Automatically backup and share your iOS photos.
- Back up critical files, photos, and contacts to cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive.
- When you get home, set your home thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
- All of your Instagram’s should be shared as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins.
- Events will be triggered based on your current location.
Why IFTTT App?
In simple words, First, let’s look at an example. Assume you use Reddit, but it does not send you a push notification every time a new post is added to a specific subreddit. You can tell IFTTT to do exactly that. You just stated, ‘IF there is a new post, THEN send me a push notification.’ It connects Reddit and your phone in ways they weren’t necessarily designed for.
Similarly, you can create your applets or choose from thousands of pre-made applets in the app. Personalize your living space and your life. Regulate your controllers that have IFTTT integration. Make your own decisions and stand out in a crowd.
IFTTT App Review
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I schedule my applets to run only at specific times?
Yes, IFTTT Pro includes a powerful tool for writing logic for your applets filter code.
Follow this link to learn how to get started.
- Why am I unable to create an Applet with a specific trigger/action combination?
IFTTT aims for full connectivity between services, though not all actions and triggers can be intended to function together. There may be technical limitations imposed by the service, or the combination is something that the service does not permit IFTTT to do.
- Why is there an image with the caption “File not found” on my post?
When IFTTT is configured to post an image or a file, but the app is unable to retrieve the data as expected, this image will appear.
If you frequently see this error message, it is best to use an Applet that does not expect an image each time it runs. Applets that expect images will have an Image URL component.
- Why isn’t my RSS feed times out again and again?
The RSS feed service is an excellent way to integrate a blog or website into IFTTT and create connections with it. Not all feeds, however, are created equal, and some work better with IFTTT than others. If your RSS feed times out, try opening it in your browser directly. If it takes a few seconds to load, it may time out when attempting to use it with IFTTT.
IFTTT App Download