Kickstarter app is a great crowd-funding platform. For years now, many creators have used crowdfunding platforms to give birth to their dream projects. These ideas would never have been able to receive traditional funding from investors otherwise. The only name that pops into mind when thinking about crowdfunding is Kickstarter. Any platform for movies, games, electronics, and all sorts of other ideas in need of cash can join the program. It’s strange that the app still doesn’t feature tools for project creators. Still, the app is a convenient, free tool for backers and anyone looking to become one.
Pros of Kickstarter App:
- You get Many easy-to-use tools
- Google Analytics integration provided within the app.
- The app gets detailed campaign-tracking tools
- It has a rigorous vetting system.
- App users can get a wide reach with this platform.
Cons of Kickstarter app:
- It lacks creator tools. This limits the app’s usefulness to one segment of the audience.
- Only fully funded projects can receive contributions from backers.
- The app requires rewards for other donors.
- It has tighter funding restrictions than its competitors.
- If you want fans to fund your project via subscription, turn to Patreon, our other Editors’ Choice recommendations.
- Its competitors like GoFundMe and Indiegogo offer more flexibility. They require no minimum funding, no deadlines, and fewer campaign restrictions
What is Kickstarter app?
Kickstarter is a great place where independent creators and passionate backers collaborate to bring new ideas to life. Users can explore creative projects ranging from art, design, film, games, music, and more. They can also pledge to their favorites right from the app. The platform has launched more than half a million projects. And more than a third of those projects have been successfully funded. It is a great platform to promote and raise funds for your projects. It has a huge reach and numerous resources to promote campaigns. The platform offers a rigorous vetting system, step-by-step guidance, and detailed campaign tracking. It was also selected as an Editors’ Choice pick for crowdfunding services.
Like most crowdfunding sites, it also collects a percentage of the money that you’ve raised. The company takes up a total of five percent of your funding total. Its payment partner, Stripe, charges you another three to five percent, depending on the pledge amount. However, project creators must be located in the US, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (or from select Asian and European countries). Donors can still pay via credit or debit card from anywhere in the world.
Moreover, if your project doesn’t reach its funding goal, you pay zero fees and your would-be donors receive refunds. Unlike GoFundMe and Indiegogo, it uses an all-or-nothing model. Thus to receive your payment, your project must reach its monetary goal. The platform also states that you’ll receive your money approximately two weeks after a successful campaign ends.
By default, the app displays Staff Picks, projects in which Kickstarter has faith. Even if the Kickstarter seal of approval doesn’t actually guarantee the project will come to fruition, there are lots of other promising ideas worth backing. The app gives you the tools to find such projects.
Features of the app:
- You can back projects to help turn new ideas into a reality.
- Stay updated with the latest feed from projects you’ve backed.
- You can save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
- Share projects easily with friends via email, messaging, and more.
- Project creators can stay up to date by in-app notifications.
- You can easily track your funding progress.
- Keep up with comments and pledges on your project.
- Quickly post updates and respond to backer messages.
- Get regular updates.
Features that unveil when you sign up:
- The app is free to use and doesn’t require any in-app purchases. However, you can choose to pay a reward for projects under specific categories.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which OS supports the app?
Both Android and iOS platforms support the app.
- Is the app free to use?
Yes, the app is free to use. It is available on Play Store and App Store.
- Is the payment secured for in-app purchases?
Yes, the in-app purchase payment method is secured.
- Which permissions are required to use the app?
It requires the following permissions:
- approximate location (network-based) is required.
- Send & receive data from the Internet.
- View network connections.
- Get full network access.
- Run at startup.
- Prevent device from sleeping
- Why should you use the app?
Kickstarter is a great crowdfunding service. It has a strong vetting process and a wide reach. Many potential donors know that they’ll be refunded if a project doesn’t reach its goal. This is attractive and could potentially encourage more contributions. If you’re serious about funding a project and willing to risk missing your goal, it is a great pick for crowdsourcing services.
Download the app here:
Like our Kickstarter App Review? Check out more Mobile App Reviews or Submit your own Mobile App Reviews.