What is Microsoft Authenticator App?
Microsoft Authenticator app lets you use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. Your fingerprint, face ID, or PIN will provide a second layer of security in this two-step verification process. After you’ve signed in with two-factor authentication (2FA), you’ll have access to all your Microsoft products and services, such as Outlook, OneDrive, Office, and more.
Microsoft Authenticator was developed and managed by a very talented team of Microsoft Corporation and the app is updated very frequently. This app is breaking records with millions of downloads by the users. The app does not hinder any other applications running on your phone. It uses a secure, enterprise-grade environment. It ensures that your data is safe and nothing is shared with any other application.
- Supports multi-factor authentication (MFA) even if you still use a password
- Connect to all Microsoft apps
- Authenticate using OTP
- Approve the notification sent by the app to approve authentication
Features of the Microsoft Authenticator App
- When logging in with two-factor authentication (2FA), you’ll enter your password, and then you’ll be asked for an additional way to prove it’s really you. Either approve the notification sent to the app or enter the one-time password (OTP) generated by the app.
- You can add multiple accounts to your app, including non-Microsoft accounts like LinkedIn, Github, Amazon, Dropbox, and more. Since the app supports the industry standard for time-based one-time passwords (TOTP), you can secure all your online accounts.
- The app also supports cert-based authentication by issuing a certificate on your device. This will let your organization know that the sign-in request is coming from a trusted device and help you seamlessly and securely access additional Microsoft apps.
Why Microsoft Authenticator App?
Microsoft Authenticator app lets you use your phone, not your password, to log into your Microsoft account. Just enter your username, then approve the notification sent to your phone. It provides a simple clean interface and visuals and makes it easier for the users to work with. It is secured and safe for everyone to use.
Microsoft Authenticator App Reviews on the App Store
Frequently Asked Questions About Microsoft Authenticator App
- Is the app completely free?
No, the app is not completely free on the App Store.
- Is the app secure?
Yes, the app is secure as it doesn’t store any personal information and it asks for very few permissions.
- What permissions does the application require?
The app needs basic permissions like Storage, Location, and Photos/Media/Files.
- Which android version does it require?
The application is compatible with android version 5.0 and above.
- Does the app have a dark mode?
The app does have a dark mode.
Download the Microsoft Authenticator App