What is Moovby App?
Moovby is a peer-to-peer car-sharing marketplace where guests can borrow cars at any time from a growing network of local car owners. Guests can choose from a completely distinct range of nearby automobiles, while car owners can earn money and fuel their travels. Moovby, Malaysia’s and Indonesia’s largest peer-to-peer car-sharing startup, is on a mission to breathe new life into major cities by providing convenient 24/7 access to shared automobiles nearby.
Simply rent a car, unlock it, and drive along with Moovby. It envisions a world in which cities are once again warm and inviting, and public transportation brings people together rather than separates them. Tourists hire the car and own the journey, whether it’s a Ford truck for an off-road adventure, a BMW for a luxurious weekend away, or a classic convertible Mercedes for a picture-perfect road trip.
- Rent a car in your region for an hourly rate.
- You can book based on your preferences in only a few taps.
- Earn money by sharing your ideal vehicle.
Features of Moovby App
- Simply rent a car, unlock it, and follow Moovby.
- Renters can contact customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can purchase roadside assistance and insurance plans at the time of trip checkout.
- Have your car delivered to you for increased convenience.
- Many Moovby hosts offer delivery to specialized or popular locations including airports, train stations, and hotels.
- You can cancel your trip up to 24 hours before departure and receive a full refund.
- Find discounts on all types of drives, from short to long distances, with a better and more convenient experience than rental car companies.
- Take your first Moovby trip as a guest, or share your car with others to earn money as a host.
Functioning of Moovby app
- Locate the best vehicle – Enter a location and a date to find hundreds of automobiles shared by local hosts.
- Book your trip-Book on the Moovby app or online, choose a protection package, and meet your host! You can cancel your trip for free up to 24 hours before it departs.
- Start driving-either have the car delivered to you or pick it up from your host. Use the app to check in, then grab your keys and go.
- Reviews and ratings-Hosts and guests can rate each other on a scale of 1 to 5 at the end of each trip. They can also leave remarks for the host straight in the app.
Moovby App Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it feasible for me to book a room with Moovby?
You must be at least 21 years old and have no prior criminal convictions.
You must have held a valid driver’s license for at least two years.
In the previous three years, there could have been no more than two minor violations or at-fault accidents.
In the past three years, there must have been no severe infractions.
You must be at least 25 years old to purchase a specialized or exotic car.
- What types of papers should I submit for review to Moovby?
You must produce your Identity Card (IC) and driver’s license to rent a vehicle. Moovby may ask for extra documents for verification and approval, such as your energy bill (e.g., Astro/TNB) or matriculation/student card (if you are a student). You must submit both your vehicle’s grant and its road tax in order to list it. We’ll screen it first, and if it’s validated and accepted, you’ll be able to start renting it out.
- Who is in charge of my vehicle’s repair and maintenance?
Moovby assumes no liability for vehicle service or maintenance on the platform. It is the obligation of the car owner to service and maintain his or her vehicle.
- Who is responsible for the cost of gas/fuel/petrol?
The renter is required to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as when the keys were handed over. If the car is returned with less petrol than when it was rented, the renter will be charged an extra price (often RM10 per bar or more depending on the vehicle).
You are responsible as a renter for returning the automobile with the same amount of gas it had at the beginning of your journey. If you return a car with less gas than when you started the trip, you will be charged for the entire amount of the missing gas. Here are some suggestions to help you refuel:
Check to verify if the vehicle accepts premium unleaded, standard unleaded, diesel, or electricity before you go. It’s a good idea to allow 15 minutes at the end of your journey to fill up on gas. Even if you don’t require all of that time, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Can my car be driven by someone else while I’m away?
Yes, as long as the tenant requirements are met. Shared accounts are not permitted, and your Moovby account must only list your unique driver’s license. If you wish to let another driver use your car while you’re on your trip, do the following:
You acknowledge and agree that if you enable another person to operate a Car on your behalf during a Rental, that person has reviewed and met our Eligibility Criteria independently. You may face fines if the other driver does not match the eligibility standards.
Furthermore, you understand and assume full responsibility for any damage, loss, claims, or duties caused by the other driver’s activities.
You will be charged RM250 if you allow an unauthorized driver (i.e. someone who does not match our eligibility rules) to operate a Moovby car during any trip period. The payment of this fee does not mean that the unauthorized motorist is covered by insurance.
Moovby App Download