What is Overcast App?
Do you ever feel the need for someone when you’re out on your own? You just lay around without feeling the need to open your phone and watch shows, preferring to have someone narrate it to you. Hold on! It is as simple as it appears. You only need to put on your earphones, open the Overcast app, and select what you want to listen to while relaxing your eyes for a few minutes.
Overcast app is a full-fledged audio podcast app. Its simple and intuitive interface allows users to easily navigate through the app and find what they want to listen to. Overcast is compatible with the open, standard world of podcasts via public RSS feeds.
If you enjoy telling stories and want others to listen to them, simply add your podcasts to Apple Podcasts and they will appear in the app. It is not a separate platform; all downloads are routed directly to your servers.
- Select what you want to listen to and place it in the queue.
- If you are running late, you can choose to speed up the podcast without affecting the sound quality.
- Download podcasts to listen to them when you’re not connected to the internet.
Features of Overcast App
- The Overcast app’s smart speed saves time without interfering with the audio or sounding unnatural.
- With a broadcast-quality remastering engine, it is possible to boost the voice, making every podcast the same volume.
- It also works perfectly well when you are not connected to the internet; however, you must first download the podcasts.
- Search for and browse new podcasts to receive instant personalized recommendations.
- It allows you to create custom playlists using its smart filters and per-podcast priorities.
- Receive notifications when new episodes are released. Notifications, on the other hand, are entirely optional.
- Subscribe to any podcast or simply play an episode.
- It allows users to automatically stop playback after a time interval that they can set using the sleep timer feature.
- The Apple Watch app supports both standalone playback and cellular streaming.
- It is compatible with CarPlay.
Why Overcast App?
The Overcast app is an award-winning podcast player. The App Store has chosen it as an editor’s choice. It is a much-needed app on your phone because you cannot constantly look at your phone while traveling or driving. So it keeps you updated on the show of your choice. It also allows you to play offline. Isn’t that fantastic? Because you won’t have to travel anywhere tediously and can instead listen to something on repeat.
Overcast App Review
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to add podcasts in the Overcast app?
To add a podcast, tap the “+” button in the upper right corner. Then, in the top right, click “Add URL,” paste the feed URL, and click Done. There is no separate submission process to be considered for inclusion in Overcast. Simply upload your podcast to Apple Podcasts, and it should appear in Overcast’s search within 1–2 days.
- Which OS supports the Overcast App?
It is only compatible with iOS platforms.
- Is the Overcastapp free?
Yes, you can use the app for free. Overcast is supported by advertisements that promote other podcasts. However, if you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to get rid of these ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours before the current period expires. After purchase, you can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store. Overcast Premium is currently available for $10/year, with prices varying by country.
Overcast App Download