What is Share The Meal app?
ShareTheMeal is an initiative of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian organization dedicated to the abolition of hunger. Every year, the World Food Programme (WFP) offers food assistance to over 86 million people in 83 countries. Because the World Food Programme is fully self-sufficient, any contribution is greatly appreciated.
Donations made through the ShareTheMeal app support a wide range of WFP operations, from resilience building and school feeding programs to emergency food relief. They have aided in the relief of some of the world’s most severe food crises, including those in Yemen, Syria, and Nigeria, since the app’s start in 2015.
- ShareTheMeal has helped over 5 million people combat hunger.
- There have been 116 million meals shared and counting.
- The United Nations World Food Programme is in charge of delivering meals.
Features of Share The Meal App
- You may share your lunch with hungry children wherever and whenever you want with ShareTheMeal.
- See where your money is going and who it is benefitting.
- Make a squad and combat hunger with your buddies.
- Share the Meal protects the safety and security of your payment information.
- The World Food Programme supplies the food and assesses its effectiveness.
- Users that donate every month earn the “Karma” award, while those who link with Facebook earn the “Social Butterfly” achievement.
- Check out the app’s Community section to see featured Challenges, your Challenges, or Challenges you’ve sponsored.
- Access challenges by clicking on a link provided by the Challenge author.
- You can join The Table by making a monthly gift (selecting ‘Monthly’ on the donation screen). You will then be led to enter your contact and payment details.
About Payment Safety on Share The Meal App
The Share the Meal app is designed with modern security standards in mind, and they take your security and privacy very seriously, going above and beyond to safeguard the confidentiality of your financial information.
All payment information is processed by Braintree/Paypal. Because the infrastructure is provided via HTTPS, your smartphone only communicates with the server over a secure connection. Braintree, a PayPal firm and a globally trusted (Level 1 DSS PCI compliant) payments company, secures our financial information.
The app has no further data to retrieve. For all communication, end-to-end encryption is implemented (SHA-256 with RSA encryption). Donations made inadvertently will be quickly repaid.
Share The Meal App Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What is the point of hunger?
There are 690 million individuals in the world who do not obtain enough food to live a healthy and active life. The rate of hunger is increasing as the world continues to see an increase in violence, climate change, and economic insecurity.
Hunger is completely resolvable. Share The Meal can feed one child for a day and help even more children in need with US$ 0.80.
- Who will benefit from my gift?
Your communal meals benefit children and families throughout the world. You can contribute where you desire by picking from the several goals in the app.
- What exactly is the World Food Program?
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the premier humanitarian organization, assisting around 100 million people in 83 countries each year, saving lives and improving lives by giving food aid in emergencies and working with communities to enhance nutrition and resilience.
- What happens to my donation?
62 percent goes directly to feeding needy families. 28 percent will be spent on fundraising and marketing to expand their community and assist even more people. 6 percent will continue to be used to assist manage the organization, and 4 percent will be used to cover payment expenses.
Share the meal be able to pay the costs while increasing the amount that goes directly to hungry families as Share The Meal grows. According to the WFP’s strategic strategy, an average of 22% of funds would be spent on fundraising from 2020 to 2030.
- Why is ShareTheMeal not available in developed countries?
Their purpose is to feed the world’s poorest people and fight global hunger the most efficiently and effectively possible. The great majority of hungry people on the planet live in underdeveloped countries.
- What exactly are the challenges?
Challenges are a fun way to fight hunger with friends, family, or coworkers! You can contribute to someone else’s Challenge or make your own to commemorate a specific occasion, an event, or simply because! Share your Challenge with others to inspire them to join you and make an even bigger difference.
- Where can I look for a Challenge?
Check out the app’s Community section to see featured Challenges, your Challenges, or Challenges you’ve sponsored. You cannot search for a specific Challenge at this time, but you can access it via a link supplied by the Challenge developer.
- How do I alter my payment method or cancel my subscription to The Table?
To change your payment method in the app, go to Profile > Settings > Subscription management > Payment details > Change payment method. Change. To terminate your The Table subscription, go to Profile > Settings > Subscription management > Cancel subscription.
Share The Meal App Download