- Talent Protocol, created in May 2021, is a web3 platform that enables talent to leverage tokens to restart their careers and users to support causes they believe in.
- Talent Protocol, a Lisbon-based talent technology startup, raised €1.5 million and launched its beta platform.
- Talent Tokens are similar to shares in an individual’s career, in which talent and its fans earn dividends over time. The precise amount is determined by the number of fans a talent can gather and the money they stake. Each skill gets a unique Talent Token with its own branded ticker.
- Users of the site can quickly and easily purchase tokens using Bitcoin or a credit card to assist and accelerate the careers of emerging leaders.
- The site launched 50+ Talent Tokens in the first month and progressively invited over 5000 queue members to acquire the tokens, enjoy exclusive benefits, and receive weekly incentives.
With the mission of reimagining how people interact professionally, Talent Protocol — a Lisbon-based talent tech business – just funded €1.5 million and released the beta version of its platform. Protocol Labs, Good News Ventures, and Flori Ventures participated in the investment round. Talent Protocol, founded in May 2021, is a web3 platform where talent may utilize tokens to jumpstart their careers, and users can support the causes they believe in.
The ‘Talent Tokens’ are similar to investing in someone’s career, with undiscovered talent and supporters receiving returns over time. Users of the platform can purchase tokens in minutes using cryptocurrency or a credit card to support and accelerate the careers of up-and-coming leaders. Examples include Andrea Solomonides, vying to become the first female President of the Republic of Cyprus, and Abel Rodrigues, an Amazonian climate activist. The site debuted 50+ Talent Tokens in the first month and gradually invites over 5000 queue members to purchase the tokens, gain access to unique privileges, and receive weekly incentives.
Filipe Macedo, Talent Protocol’s Chief Marketing Officer, and co-founder highlighted that Talent Tokens are an unbreakable link recorded on the blockchain that facilitates more financial, social, and emotional alignment between talent and its early supporters. From single-player professions to cooperative travels, success is a team effort. The new financing will expand the small startup’s workforce, recruiting developers and designers to provide an inclusive and smooth user experience.
About Talent Protocol
Talent Protocol is a web3 platform that enables talent to launch a token for their profession while also allowing consumers to support individuals they believe in. Talent Protocol operates on a seasonal basis. We’re focused on outstanding digital builders and knowledge workers in Season 1, (engineers, designers, product managers, community builders, economists). Future seasons will focus on a variety of occupations.
Anyone, from anywhere, can apply to launch a token, even if they lack a sizable digital following, as long as they possess unique expertise, and inspirational career objectives, and confidence in web3.
Talent Tokens are inefficient for rapidly raising significant sums of funds. The most crucial benefit of Talent Protocol is that it assists you in developing a community of supporters dedicated to your progress. Talent Protocol is a community-driven company with a small core team supported by an expanded workforce and a large user base. Our whole codebase is open-source, and our decisions are transparent.
Which blockchain is being used by Talent Protocol?
Celo is the foundation of Talent Protocol. Celo is a mobile-first platform that embodies the ideals and mission of Talent Protocol, which is to leverage the power of web3 to nurture undiscovered talent (not just celebrities) and reward its early believers and most active supporters. The Celo Foundation is a non-profit organization based in the United States that promotes the open-source Celo Platform’s growth and development. The Foundation contributes to education, technical research, environmental health, community engagement, and ecosystem outreach—activities that support and encourage an inclusive financial system that creates the conditions for prosperity for everyone—guided by the Celo community tenets.